Application deadline extended to 15 July 2018!
#Challenge1918|2018|2118 is a multinational programme initiated by the European Academy Berlin and its project partners. The project is taking place with the kind support of the Federal Foreign Office. Its goal is to inspire and empower young activists and prosumers, who follow the current political, economic and cultural events, and are active in the cyberspace (on YouTube, blogs, Instagram, podcasts, etc.). Challenge #1918#2018#2118 combines knowledge and experience exchange, empowerment and action. Its purpose is to connect media ethics and journalistic skills and professionalize digital reporting, while strengthening the digital resilience to promote the ‘real’ discourse in the virtual spaces.
- 4 – 10 August: WorkLab & Factory in Berlin
Empowerment and knowledge camp (peer-to-peer, discussions, exchange of experiences, creation of ideas)
- August – November: WorkTeam & Creation – ‘the Challenge’
Multinational team work to bring your ideas to life (distant coaching) and competition
- 18 – 21 November: WorkFab & Start-up in Berlin
Workshop for the winners, final joint challenge, public event
The European Academy Berlin is currently looking for participants who are active in digital space working pro-bono with YouTube videos, podcasts, blogs, cartoons or memes and who would like to share their experience about civic journalism with fellow Europeans. Participants should be eager to prove themselves in a multinational team working on challenging themes connected with the European past, present and future.
Applicants should be
- Between 18 and 35 years old
- Be fluent in English
- Have their principal place of residence in one of the following countries: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, France, Georgia, Germany, the Republic of Moldova, Russia or Ukraine
- Be civically engaged in cyberspace or aspiring to become such
- Be eager to share and gain knowledge in a multinational peer setting
Applications (in English) should include
- Inspiring motivation: participants are asked to show in a creative way (video, podcast, picture, letter, etc. why they want to join and what they associate with one of the three dates 1918 | 2018 | 2118!
- A personal data sheet including contact information!
- If applicable: samples of previous online products/activities relevant to the programme!
Application deadline extended to 15 July 2018
Applicants please send their applications via email to:
Information on data protection: For information on the protection of your personal data, please visit http://www.eab-berlin.eu/en/data-privacy-statement/
#Challenge1918|2018|2118 is initiated by the European Academy Berlin in cooperation with its project partners in the Eastern Partnership countries, France and Russia and supported by the German Federal Foreign Office. The project partners are the Centre Européen Robert Schuman (France), ArmActive Youth Center (Armenia), Junior Achievement Azerbaijan (Azerbaijan), Discussion and Analytical Society “Liberal Club” (Belarus), IDIS “Viitorul” (Republic of Moldova), Institute for Euro-Atlantic Cooperation (Ukraine), Institute of Democracy and Euro-Atlantic Studies (Georgia), German-Russian Exchange, St. Petersburg (Russia).